The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
LOCATION: Outreach Sites; Great Brook Valley, Plumley & Webster-Dudley
REPORTS TO: Director of Social & Emotional Learning
HOURS OF WORK: Part Time
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Social & Emotional Learning the social & emotional support coordinator will provide assistance to direct support staff on an as-needed basis when dealing with youth who are experiencing behavioral issues. The Coordinator will work with the staff, child, and child’s family to develop a service plan addressing any issues that are preventing or affecting the youth from safely participating in Club programming. The social worker will be a part of a team of professionals who provide case management and counseling.
Must have flexibility and reliable transportation for multiple site interactions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or Human Services required.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization working with youth and providing mental health services specific to that population.
Skills required in the following areas:
· Must understand behavioral characteristics associated with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), behavior disorders, autism, intellectual disabilities, traumatic brain injuries, and other behavior issues.
· Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to handle emotionally charged situations; know how to de-escalate a situation.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Skills preferred in the following areas:
· Must have a strong foundation in applied behavior analysis.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Designs behavioral interventions for youth and implements behavior support plans. Measures goals and objectives of behavior support plans to ensure they are being met.
· Coordinates between staff and parents/guardians to implement behavioral interventions and communicates with parents/guardians and program staff about youth’s progress.
· Analyzes the behavioral interventions to determine their success.
· Assists in filing a 51A-report for possible child abuse, neglect or endangerment.
Apply here or at www.bgcworcester.org or call us at (508)754-2686 x 204 or (508)753-3377 x 204 to discuss your application. Please note we often make our first contact to applicants through email.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour