School Age Child Care Lead Staff, part time, Monday-Friday, 2pm-6pm.
As required by EEC licensing, all applicants must be at least 21 years old.
The School Age Childcare Staff is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a broad range of programs for youth between the age of 5 and 13. Additional responsibilities include complying with EEC regulations.
This position is a part time year-round position. The School Age Child Care staff must have reliable transportation. Hours of operating are Monday - Friday from 2 pm to 6 pm, excluding school vacation weeks and summer break. This is an excellent entry level position for a motivated individual who is interested in working with youth.
· Guide members through the daily structure of on-line learning.
· Provide classroom supports including material provision, assistance with task completion, organizing materials, etc.
· Monitor and manage the individual schedules of each member, being sure that they are attending as required.
· Identify members that may need additional personal/family supports and report any identified needs to case management staff.
· Support and prepare students to organize any assigned homework that is required for them to complete for the next day.
· Assure that all members are following guidelines, expectations, and policies of the Club and report any challenges to the Unit Director.
· Maintain a safe classroom environment, conducive of learning and academic enrichment.
· Redirect members exhibiting unsafe or disruptive behaviors – developing short and long-term plans to extinguish such behavior.
· Assist members in navigating instructional support and work with the members to plan and collaborate with public school teachers, when needed.
· Maintain in the Learning Hub classroom in which members are present, unless an alternative supervision plan is developed, and coverage takes place.
· Collaborate and communicate with parents/guardians as needed.
· Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
· Must meet one of the following:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree; and have three months of experience working with school-age children;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; and have six months of experience working with school-age children including three months of supervised experience at a school-age childcare program;
- Have nine months of experience with school-age children including three months of supervised experience at a school-age childcare program.
· Ability to work during typical school day hours.
· Confidence in providing academic support, as needed, to members.
· Competency in navigating remote learning tools, technology equipment and modes of instruction.
· Strong computer skills
· Communication skills: Informing, Listening, Writing
· Personal Initiative Skills: Organizational Awareness, Striving for Excellence, Professional Development
· Planning Skills: Action Planning and Organizing
· Relationship Skills: Teamwork
· Safety, Health, and Environment Skills: Supporting a Safe Environment
All applicants will be required to pass a criminal offender record information check (CORI), a national background check and will need to be fingerprinted in accordance with EEC regulations.