We are excited to ring in the new year with our friends as we celebrate 130 incredible years of serving our youth in Worcester. We are providing services to more kids than ever before, serving 8,000 annually. This year, our youth once again proved our programs are effective:
- 100% of our 2018 graduating high school seniors were accepted to college.
- 50 teens completed our job ready program and are currently working at the Club or in local businesses.
- 25 of our teens completed our pilot college prep course with Let's Get Ready!, raising their scores by 100-200 points.
- 40 of our kids completed our free driver's ed program with Central Mass Safety Council, many of which have received their learner's permit.
- With your help, we provided gifts to 2,000 youth and support to 200 Club families during the holidays.
- We served over 26,000 free meals in Kid's Café.
We have big plans for 2019: We are partnering with the Boys & Girls Club of Lunenburg to expand our offerings and strengthen our impact across adjoining communities; we are hosting our first-ever gala in September to raise funds and awareness for our programs; and staff will be traveling to Washington, D.C. in March for Boys & Girls Club Advocacy Day to fight for our kids and educate those in Washington on the importance of our Club. We can't wait to share more exciting news as the next twelve months unfold, but one thing is for sure: we are confident that 2019 will be a strong year of the Boys & Girls Club of Worcester.