The Ionic Mothers Friendship Club was started by Beatrice M. Vickers, the Club nurse, in 1940 and this club lived up to its name. The mothers were friends to all club members as they sponsored and chaperoned dances, hosted Halloween and Holiday Parties, created a booster club for the basketball team, and helped WWII veterans of the Boys Club. By 1949, the Mothers Friendship Club, led by long-time president Mrs. Anna Bombard Foster, had 110 members.
Although all of the members have since passed away, it is important that we recognize them for their wonderful contributions to the Club. We ask that Mrs. Bombard Foster’s family please accept this award on behalf of their mother and all of the mothers who served our Club.