The Outreach Program Case Managers work with the Worcester Police Gang Unit to reach out to youth ages 11-18 who are at risk of joining gangs and participating in violent activities. This includes youth who:
- Live in an area with growing gang activity
- Have family problems and/or family involvement in gangs
- Have problems in school
- Are substance abusers
- Display “wanna-be” behavior
- Are involved in the juvenile justice system
- Display evidence of mental/physical abuse/neglect
- Have a regular need for substantial amounts of money.
Case Managers in Main South and Great Brook Valley enroll these youth into programs that meet their interests, which allows us to build the relationships needed to convince them to join the programs that will meet their needs. The key is that they are connected to caring professionals who help them create structured use of their time.
In an effort to implement our mission of assisting kids, especially those who need us most, our Clubhouse extends to our two different outreach sites at Plumley Village and Kid's Club at Great Brook Valley.