Job Title: YouthConnect Worcester Seasonal Summer Program Assistant Team Leader
Boys & Girls Club of Worcester – Harrington Clubhouse Site
Commitment: Seasonal Exempt: Summer July – August (M-F, 5 – 9PM);
including 8 weeks of Program Implementation, 4 hours per day
One week of staff development training required, remote and in person prior to program implementation.
Reports to: YouthConnect Worcester Seasonal Summer Program Leader
Support from: YC Summer Program Coordinator, Agency Site Coordinators, YC Worcester Summer Program Staff, Volunteers
Under the leadership of the designated YouthConnect Worcester Summer Program Leader, Leader Assistants are to assist with planning, implementation and evaluation of all YouthConnect Worcester activities including, but not limited to: outreach, recruitment, and retention of Worcester’s middle school-aged youth and oversight of Staff/Adult/Youth Engagement in recreational facilities including Adult to Youth, Youth to Youth, Staff to Staff, Adult to Staff engagement while observing and referring youth in need of more robust Mental Health Supports. Candidate must be a supportive, willing, positive, and energetic participant in the implementation of the outcome measurement system. AA/EOE.
1. Assist with the implementation of outreach efforts.
2. Support the design and implementation of evening recreational and educational activities.
3. Support the supervision of assigned YouthConnect Worcester Program Staff.
4. Participate and assist in implementation of training opportunities.
5. Create a safe supportive environment for all YouthConnect Worcester participants and staff.
6. Complete incident and accident report as necessary.
7. Provide supportive services to youth in the program both individually and within the milieu setting.
8. Connect and refer youth and their families to on-going counseling, support groups, and supportive services within the community.
9. Provide short-term crisis intervention and management as needed to youth within the program.
10. Identify youth in the milieu who display risk factors and may benefit from connection to mental health services.
11. Consult with staff concerned for youth who are at risk of mental health issues.
12. Support the recording and collection of all data including: participant demographics, attendance, assessments, check lists, and scales.
13. Attend weekly leadership meetings to discuss program operations and citywide activities.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Program Leader and Summer Program Coordinator for the successful completion of program.
1. Three years’ experience working with youth from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
2. Some College preferred, ideally in the areas of Child Development, Human Services, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, or another related field.
3. Strong knowledge of youth development and experience working with at risk youth in community-based settings, Mental Health focus.
4. Experience working with youth from various socioeconomic backgrounds.
5. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families and youth from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
6. Ability to establish trusting relationships through compassion, empathy, and insight.
7. Good listening skills with the ability to handle stressful situations.
8. Bilingual preferred.
9. Valid driver’s license and transportation necessary to conducted outreach activities.
10. Knowledge of American Sign Language helpful not required.
11. Must be deemed eligible according to state and or federal criteria for Summer Employment.
12. Preference will be given to applicants that can show participation in: Youth Worker Training Institute, Worcester Youth Work Alliance, First Aid & CPR, Youth Mental Health First Aid, Narcan Administration.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Stephanie Rawady-Habib, HR Manager
Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
65 Boys & Girls Club Way (Formerly Tainter St)
Worcester, MA 01610