Job Title: YouthConnect Worcester Seasonal Summer Program Leader
Boys & Girls Club of Worcester – Harrington Clubhouse Site
Commitment: Seasonal Exempt: End of June – August 2023 (M-F, 5 – 9PM)
including 8 weeks of Programming, 4 hours per day.
One week of staff development training required, in person prior to program implementation.
Reports to: YC Seasonal Summer Site Coordinator
Support From: YC Seasonal Summer Program Coordinator, Assistant Leaders, Program Staff, Data Points
Position Summary: Under the leadership of the YouthConnect Worcester Summer Program Coordinator and Agency Site Coordinator, Summer Program Leaders are responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all YouthConnect Summer Program activities including, but not limited to: outreach, recruitment, and retention of Worcester’s middle school-aged youth and oversight of program operations in their recreational facility including program transportation, building access, monitoring of budget expenses, and supervision of Staff. Candidate must be a supportive, willing, positive, and energetic participant in the implementation of the outcome measurement system. AA/EOE
- Plan and implement participant outreach efforts.
- Design, direct, and implement evening recreational and educational activities.
- Supervise assigned Program Staff.
- Facilitate staff meetings and attend weekly Leader meetings to discuss and coordinate program operations and citywide activities.
- Participate and assist in the implementation of training opportunities.
- Assure the collection of all data including but not limited to: participant demographics, attendance, assessments & check lists, and rating scales.
- Create a safe, supportive environment for all YouthConnect Worcester participants and Staff.
- Obtain and monitor supplies and materials within available budget.
- Participate in a comprehensive program assessment and performance management process.
- Complete incident and accident report as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the YC Worcester Summer Program
Coordinator and Agency Site Coordinator for the successful completion of program.
- Three years’ experience working with youth from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in the areas of Child Development, Human Services, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, or another related field. A minimum of five years documented experience in the field of youth development may be substituted.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation necessary to conducted outreach activities.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language helpful not required.
- Must be deemed eligible according to state and or federal criteria for Summer Employment.
- Preference will be given to applicants that can show participation in: Youth Worker Training Institute, Worcester Youth Work Alliance, First Aid & CPR, Youth Mental Health First Aid, Narcan Administration.
Please mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Stephanie Rawady-Habib, HR Coordinator
Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
65 Boys & Girls Club Way (Formerly Tainter St)
Worcester, MA 01610