POSITION: Teen Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Unit Director/ Director of Outreach
HOURS OF WORK: Part Time
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt - Seasonal
The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
Reporting to the Unit Director and Director of Outreach, the Teen Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the programs and services to teens (13–18 years of age) and to promote/recruit program participation, and assist in registering new teen members.
In collaboration with the Unit Director and Director of Outreach, the Teen Coordinator is responsible for developing and structuring quality programs to achieve priority outcomes in the areas of Academic Success, College & Career Prep, Leadership and Healthy Habits.
Position is 25 hours a week, Monday–Friday from 3 PM – 8 PM summer seasonal position. Must have flexibility and reliable transportation.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred but not required
Experience: A minimum of one year experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Skills/Knowledge required in the following areas:
- Must be 21 years old
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills including and understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- CPR and First Aid certifications, preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish & English) but not required.
KEY ROLES- Competency Areas:
Prepare Youth for Success; Plan and implement the delivery of agency programs and activities that support the Club’s priority outcomes:
- Establish outcome area program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program achievement against target goals; recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests.
- Provide day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals (e.g. Keystone Club/Leadership Groups, Teen Nights, College & Career Prep).
- Manage teen space and ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/ activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area (s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety, and development of members.
- Provide opportunities for teens to interface/interact with business professionals and community leaders.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other Clubhouse activities as necessary.
- May be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May consult with parents concerning member and Clubhouse issues.
- Perform light cleaning and assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
Environmental and working conditions:
All work is conducted in a Club or office setting inside or outside, travel is occasionally required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
- Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.