POSITION: Program Director – Plumley Village
REPORTS TO: Unit Director
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time – 30 hours
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
Reporting to the Unit Director, the Program Director oversees the overall daily operations of the designated Clubhouse with the primary concern for recruiting new members, programs and service delivery, guidance, parental relations, community relations and membership administration.
1. Recruiting new members with a goal to recruit an additional 100 members.
2. Helping the Unit Director with establishing Clubhouse programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
3. Assisting the Unit Director with ensuring a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
4. Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate Unit or Branch overall programs, services, and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and members needs and interests. Compile regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance, and participation.
5. Recruiting, managing, and providing career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers. Conduct daily staff check-ins.
6. Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
7. Under the support and direction of the Unit Director, assist in developing and maintaining public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and the community.
1. Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
2. Assist in problems relating to members, utilize guidance and discipline plan.
3. Assume other duties assigned.
Education: An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred but not required.
Experience: A minimum of three-five years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the mission and policies of the organization.
Skills required in the following areas:
· Demonstrated ability in the recruitment and retention of members.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
· Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, and community leaders.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/ receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Club.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
All work is conducted in a Club or office setting inside or outside, travel is occasionally required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Demonstrated ability to:
· Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
· Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.