The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
Position: Social & Emotional Learning Assistant Director, 40 hours, Monday-Friday, 12pm-8pm
Reporting to the Social & Emotional Learning Director, the Assistant Director will provide assistance to direct support staff on an as-needed basis when dealing with youth who are experiencing behavioral issues. The Social and Emotional Learning Assistant Director will work with the staff, child, and child’s family to develop a service plan addressing any issues that are preventing or affecting the youth from safely participating in Club programming. The Social and Emotional Learning Assistant Director will be a part of a team of professionals who provide case management and counseling.
Must have flexibility and reliable transportation.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or human services preferred. MSW preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization working with youth and providing mental health services specific to that population.
Skills/Knowledge required in the following areas:
· Must have a strong foundation in applied behavior analysis.
· Must understand behavioral characteristics associated with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), behavior disorders, autism, intellectual disabilities, traumatic brain injuries, and other behavior issues.
· Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to handle emotionally charged situations; know how to de-escalate a situation.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must take a team-approach in providing support services for youth.
· Must have the ability to train others to apply behavior management techniques effectively.
· Must have knowledge of and know how to work with various support systems that are available in a community.
KEY ROLES- Competency Areas:
· Determines behavior capabilities of the youth as they function at home and at the summer program.
· Designs behavioral interventions for youth.
· Implements behavior support plans. Coordinates between staff and parents/guardians to implement behavioral interventions. Communicates with parents/guardians and program staff about youth’s progress.
· Measures goals and objectives of behavior support plans to ensure they are being met. Analyzes the behavioral interventions to determine their success.
· Assists the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Director of Social & Emotional Learning in filing a 51A report for possible child abuse, neglect or endangerment when needed.
Apply here or at www.bgcworcester.org or call us at (508)754-2686 x 204 or (508)753-3377 x 204 to discuss your application. Please note we often make our first contact to applicants through email.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year