POSITION: Operations Coordinator
LOCATION: Harrington Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
HOURS OF WORK: Full-Time
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator will support the management of daily operations at the Harrington Clubhouse and provide programmatic support as needed. The Operations Coordinator will handle a variety of special projects, clerical and reporting tasks, and assist in the development and implementation of new programs and initiatives, when needed.
Education: High School or GED required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred but not required.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Knowledge: Considerable knowledge of youth development best practices, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures.
Valid Driver’s License: The candidate must have a valid state driver’s license as he/she/they may be responsible for transporting youth and staff to events and field trips on an as need basis.
Willingness to Work on Weekends and Late Nights: Some of our programs and activities occur on weekends and late nights and will require the candidate to help oversee those activities onsite.
Skills required in the following areas:
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations,
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Leadership team, community groups, volunteers, and other related agencies
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Experience with database entry & reports.
• Ability to work in a diverse cultural environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Director of Operations, assist in developing, planning, and coordinating Clubhouse programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Provide confidential administrative support to the Director of Operations.
• Assist the Director of Operations in operational activities.
• Create, maintain, and update a variety of documents including drafting and editing emails, preparing meeting agendas, and recording minutes.
• Provide direct service and/or activities when needed to ensure the staff and member safety ratio.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned Directors and other staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with leadership team
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, parents, schools, and others.
Environment and Working Conditions:
All work is conducted in a Club or office setting, occasional travel is required.
Physical and Mental requirements:
Demonstrated ability to:
• Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
• Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Stand for a long period of time; up to 8 hours per day.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.