POSITION: Music Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
HOURS OF WORK: Part Time – 29 hours
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth, especially those who need us most, to become responsible, productive, and caring citizens. We provide girls and boys with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Music Program Coordinator plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within the Music Program. Provides members with a variety of activities designed to develop musical skills, talents and build self-esteem.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: A minimum of three years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Skills/ Knowledge required in the following areas:
- Music recording, required or willing to be trained
- Proficiency playing musical instruments, keyboard, Guitar or drums preferred
- Background in music theory and musicianship.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
KEY ROLES- Competency Areas:
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Instruct members in music production and how to play musical instruments (e.g. voice, drums, piano and guitar).
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for members.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the Clubhouse at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff. Ensure productive and effective performance by all volunteers.
- Ensure proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events, conduct breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information and promotional materials.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- May be required to fundraise in support of special program activities or field trips.
- May be required to transport members or meals from local food service programs; lift up to 50 pounds.
- May consult with parents concerning member and Clubhouse issues.
- Perform light cleaning and assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/ provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/ counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
All work is conducted in a Club setting inside or outside. Travel is occasionally required
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
- Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.