Music Instructor, 25-29 hours per week, some flexibility in schedule for the hours between 2pm-8pm, Monday through Friday. Please note the schedule follows the Worcester Public School vacation calendar and requires working 8am-4pm during school vacations and summer.
The Music Instructor will plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities provided within the Music Program. Salary is $20 per hour.
Position is 25-29 hours a week, Monday–Friday with some scheduling flexibility between 2pm-8pm during the school year and 8am–4pm during the summer program and school vacation weeks. The Music Instructor may be required to drive club vehicles, some weekends may be required. Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: A minimum of one year working with children from the ages of 5-18 years.
Skills/ Knowledge required in the following areas:
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Background in music theory, composition, production.
- Proficiency playing musical instruments; piano, guitar, drums, etc.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members.
- Ability to motivate youth.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications, preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong computer skills a plus.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be required to drive Club van.
3. May be required to fundraise in support of special program activities or field trips.
4. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
5. Perform light cleaning and assume other duties as assigned.