POSITION: Mentor Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
HOURS OF WORK: Full-Time (30 hours)
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Mentor Program Coordinator is a new position designed to specifically help our members overcome Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) including COVID-19 effects. The Mentor Coordinator will recruit, train and match kids to mentors.
This position is a 30-hour per week, year-round position, designed to respond to the immediate needs of members. Hours of operations for after school programs are Monday - Friday from 2 pm to 6 pm, excluding school vacation weeks and summer break. This position may require rotation between sites.
• Identify individuals who will make good mentors; interview mentor candidates, recruit and train them.
• Pair each Club kid with a mentor through corporate, college and youth agency partners.
• Provide mentors with guidance regarding each mentee.
• Monitor and evaluate mentor/mentee relationships through verbal communications and/or indirect communication, writing reports and document hours for each mentor.
• Ensure that kids who were participating in Family Support programs prior to the onset of COVID, such as individual or family counseling or prevention programs continue to do so.
• Work closely with Management staff to determine the goals and needs of specific mentoring and prevention programs such as Passport to Manhood to keep members out of crisis.
• Identify members that may need additional personal/family support.
• Collaborate and communicate with parents/guardians as needed.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree preferred; and have three months of experience in a similar work environment and mentoring/ coaching experience.
• Ability to work during typical after school hours.
• Confidence in providing academic support, as needed, to members.
• Competency in navigating technology equipment and modes of instruction.
• Strong computer skills
• Communication skills: Informing, Listening, Writing
• Personal Initiative Skills: Organizational Awareness, Striving for Excellence, Professional Development
• Planning Skills, training and coaching
• Relationship Skills: Teamwork
• Strong boundaries
• Safety, Health, and Environment Skills: Supporting a Safe Environment
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.