POSITION: Education Coordinator (1) - Harrington Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Education Coordinator will develop and implement Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s educational and career programs, including Power Hour, Money Matters, Project Learn, STEM, and cyber and social media safety.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to:
Supervising and evaluating educational activities/programs provided within the Clubhouse.
Collaborating with leadership team and other program directors to ensure members are receiving diverse educational programs.
Position is 40 hours a week, Monday–Friday, and hours are 12:00 PM–8 PM during the school year and from the hours of 8 AM–4 PM during the summer program and school vacation weeks. The Education Coordinator may be required to drive club vehicles and must have reliable transportation. Occasional work on weekends may be required.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: College degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: Two to three years of youth development, teaching, tutoring and/or mentoring experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar youth-serving organization.
Skills/ Knowledge required in the following areas:
• Bilingual in Spanish and English, preferred.
• Knowledge of youth development.
• Understanding systemic racism’s impact on education and students of color.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong computer/technological skills required.
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
• Ability to work with a racially and culturally diverse population.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• CPR and first aid certifications, preferred.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.