POSITION: Custodian – Harrington Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time (40 hours per week)
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
The custodian cleans and maintains the Harrington Clubhouse. General cleaning of building and equipment, vacuuming, cleaning floors, kitchen, walls, windows, cafeteria, painting, changing of light bulbs, outside landscaping including shoveling, lawn mowing, raking, trash removal etc. Must be available to work Monday-Friday. Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, early mornings, weekends, as needed.
This position is a full-time year-round position, 40 hours per week. Hours and schedule to be set by supervisor.
This is an excellent entry level position. Eligible for organization benefits programs including paid time off within 90 days of hire based on performance reviews.
• Basic knowledge of cleaning supplies and methods, willingness to learn new skills, adaptation to flexible schedule, and attention to detail are required.
• Knowledge of painting, drywall, carpet cleaning, waxing and buffing floors is preferred.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.,
• Have the ability to drive the Club van and possess a clean driving record.
• OSHA certification is preferred.
• Knowledgeable in the safety and health protocols to address the prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
• Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer).
• Maintain contact as needed with external community groups and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years similar work experience preferred.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.