POSITION: Assistant Teen Coordinator – Harrington Clubhouse
REPORTS TO: Teen Program Director
HOURS OF WORK: Part-Time (29 hours)
WORK STATUS: Non-Exempt
Reporting directly to the Teen Program Director with support from the Director of Operations, the Boys & Girls Club of Worcester is seeking a part-time (29 hours a week) Assistant Teen Coordinator for our Harrington Clubhouse, located in the Main South Neighborhood in Worcester.
The assistant will report directly to the Teen Program Director and Director of Operations and is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the programs and services to teens (13–18 years of age) and to promote/recruit program participation, and assist in registering new teen members.
In collaboration with associated Program Directors in overlapping areas, responsible for developing and structuring quality programs to achieve priority outcomes in the areas of Academic Success, College & Career Prep, Leadership and Healthy Habits.
The schedule is typically during after-school hours between the hours of 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.
Experience: A minimum of one year work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization.
Education: High School degree (or equivalent)
The following are preferred skills and behaviors for this position:
Working closely with the Teen Program Director, the Assistant will:
• Prepare youth for success through planning and implementing program activities that support the organization’s mission.
• Provide day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals (e.g. Keystone Club/Leadership Groups, Teen Nights, College & Career Prep).
• Manage Teen Center and ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/ activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area (s).
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety, and development of members.
• Provide opportunities for teens to interface/interact with business professionals and community leaders both virtually and in person.
Skills/Knowledge required in the following areas:
1. May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e., Keystone, Youth of the Year & Junior YOY, and Awards programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other Clubhouse activities as necessary.
2. May be required to fundraise in support of special program activities or field trips.
3. May be required to travel with program for field trips/events and to participate in virtual events.
4. May be asked to lift up to 50 pounds.
5. May consult with parents/guardians concerning member behavior and progress.
6. Perform light cleaning and assume other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.