We are looking for an Administrative Assistant for Finance and Human Resources Departments. This position assists the Directors of Finance and of Human Resources within the day to day function of the departments. This position is responsible for dealing professionally with confidential information while performing several aspects of assigned work. Provides regular clerical and administrative support with accounts payable, accounts receivable, Quickbooks, payroll, and human resources.
- At least 2 years of accounting/finance and/or human resources experience, working in an office environment
- QuickBooks or other similar accounting software
- Paychex Payroll software
- Reliable vehicle and driver’s license
Finance Department responsibilities (25 hours):
- Accounts Payable: Prepare Positive Pay Electronic File; Ensure material order has been received and invoice is accurate and enter in QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare and enter deposits in QuickBooks; Scan and make copies of checks received – ensure that staff receive copies of checks timely;
- Support Director of Finance: File invoices, bank statements etc.; Assist our customers (parents/guardians) with the creation of payment plan, when needed. Follow up with parents to ensure payments are received in a timely manner; Organize Time Sheets for payroll input; Contact vendors regarding invoices or discrepancies; Assist with grant billing and annual budget preparation; Collect and match receipts for credit card.
Human Resources Department responsibilities (15 hours)
- Prepare HR packets and update forms
- Administrate all elected benefits in working with all vendors for hires, changes and terminations, conduct 1:1 benefits information and enrollment meetings as needed. Manage COBRA, PFML, FMLA, etc.
- Coordinate monthly benefits enrollments and ensure data is correctly entered into the payroll software (Paychex)
- Enter training and other data into payroll system
Shared Finance/HR Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as required to ensure department functions are completed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Maintain close, daily contact with supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues and receive instructions
- Maintain relationships with employees at all levels to ensure high level customer service is given to all
- Special projects as assigned.
- Prepare reports as necessary
- Participate in special programs and/or events.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask with strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to practice discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail; accurate filing and data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, data management and web competency
- Customer-service oriented
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
Salary from $21 an hour.